Can I just tell you that I am BLOWN AWAY by what God is doing? Mikayla and I both thought we were done with the Blessing Bags until winter.....well, it looks like God had a DIFFERENT plan!
We are excited to get to continue on this journey and bless those less fortunate ~ I love seeing all the ways God is using the faith & willingness of a ten year old to touch SO many lives!
So - we have 2 big announcements......
1. We have set up a Facebook page so that you can keep up-to-date with what's going on... The Blessing's In the Bag
2. Many people are asking how they can help and what items are needed. I have provided a list of items that are needed at this time.
Thanks again to everyone that has helped this cause. It is amazing at how the love of Jesus is spreading.....one quick story:
M personally handed out her bags to a group of homeless people in Charlotte.....a few weeks later, she sent them a card and cut out a paper heart for each person. The lady that read the card to the group said that they almost RAN to the front to get one of the paper hearts and asked how to spell her name - each of them wrote her name on the heart and tucked it away ~ that's L-O-V-E in action!! She is excitedly awaiting the opportunity to go back and visit this group of people. They have touched HER life in such a mighty way!!
Ok - back to the list.....
Items Needed for "The Blessing's In the Bag"
- Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- Reusable Shopping Bags
- Bottled Water
- Travel sized shampoo, conditioner and lotion
- Individually Wrapped Candies
- Wipes (small individually wrapped packages)
- Wash cloths
- Band aids
- Food items ~ snacks that are individually wrapped [granola bars, packs of tuna, crackers, protein bars, etc]
- Hats (warm)
- Empty Pill Bottles (with labels removed)
- Laundry Detergent (powdered only please)
- Bible tracks and/or verse
- Any small items you think they'd enjoy that will fit in a gallon sized bag