Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Let Your Words Be Life


This morning I woke up to a very simple message in my inbox that tore me at my core.  My first response was one of anger and then it turned to hurt.  I wanted to respond back to this person and just tell them exactly how I felt....to plead my case in this situation they were mentioning.  I knew they only had one side of the story and my flesh wanted them to hear mine.  But I waited.

Through my wait, I knew that God was giving me a choice.  He had laid 2 paths out in front of me and it was my choice which to take.  I waited.

As I waited, I heard the lyrics "Let my words be life" sing in my mind.  I knew that God was speaking to me.  I knew that even though I had justifiable reasons to be upset with this message I received, I had to let my words speak life.

So, I opened up the computer cause I was going to nicely respond but I knew it was more than I wanted to type on my smartphone.

"Let your words be life"

I closed the computer.....took out my phone and just responded with a simple "thank you" and left it at that.   I knew that nothing positive was going to come from a lengthy response.  I know who I am and more importantly, I know who I am in Jesus so I don't need to justify anything to them.   

God speaks to us daily - hour by hour - in different ways.  Are we listening? 




No comments:

Post a Comment