Monday, December 12, 2016

A Meal Planning Tool That Actually Works

Photo Credit


Over the years I have tried numerous meal planning tools and strategies.  I tend to cook more when I can plan ahead for my meals and shopping lists but it never fails SOMEONE would complain about what we were having for dinner.  Well, that would leave me irritated and at the point of saying I'm never going to cook again. :)  I know I'm not alone here.....right?  We've all threatened it, I know.

I decided there HAD to be a better way so after some brainstorming, I implemented our new meal planning tool:  it is so simple, I didn't even need to draw you a picture.

Each week, one person decides what we will be having for dinner for that particular week.  This means one week out of every month, each person will get to have their favorite foods.  Plus, they have to do the leg work of coming up with the dinner ideas once a month; sometimes I feel like that is the hardest part.

So far, this method has been wonderful for our family!  It gets everyone involved with dinnertime (at least once a week) and takes a load off of my hands.

What about you?  Do you meal plan?  Do you wing it?  What works for you?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment