Thursday, February 9, 2017

Your Worth is More Than a Number on the Scale


This past weekend I went away with my husband to celebrate 15 years of marriage.  We had a nice time enjoying each other and we ate REALLY well while we were away.  By well - I don't mean healthy - I mean ALL the foods we don't normally splurge on while at home.  We shared various yummy meals and made memories.  My heart was full and I came home with no regrets.

But then....

I stepped on the scale.

Immediately when I saw the number staring back at me, I was full of regret.  WHY did I eat that doughnut?  I don't even really like doughnuts.  WHY didn't I do extra cardio or workout harder in the hotel gym?  I seriously wanted to sit in the bathroom floor and cry.  I even sent my husband a text and told him that I was so upset that I allowed myself to eat what I did over the weekend.....it was bad, y'all. 

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10

The entire day, I battled feeling like a failure. 

But then...

I was reminded that I am N-O-T defined by a number on a scale.  That my worth is WAY more than my pants size.  And I refuse to let the enemy STEAL my joy from the amazing weekend away with my husband.....who spent the entire day reassuring me that I was beautiful just the way I am, I might add. 


Here's the thing, friends ~ we ARE more than a number on a scale.  We are MORE than the size of our clothes.  We are beautifully created daughters of the KING and while it is important to take care of ourselves, it is more important that we walk in freedom. 

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. " Psalm 139:14

So today, I rejoice in the memories that were made over the weekend and thank God for a husband who loved me at a size 3 and still loves me today 40 pounds heavier.  I will NOT let the enemy steal my joy!

And a side note - the scale has been put away - for my own sanity :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment