Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Beauty Restored


Jesus Hope Healing Restoration


Last year around this time, something huge happened in my life.  Although I have yet to share the details publicly, I have been thinking back to this time last year and the hopelessness that I felt.  I can't wait till the Lord allows me to put into words what I went through but I could not let this week go by and NOT give Him glory for where He brought me from.  It was an extremely dark time in my life and I know that I am only here today because of Jesus.  He has brought restoration and life back to something that was dead.  As I revisited some of the emotions I felt last year, I wrote this poem....my prayer is that those of you that may be experiencing a dark time in your own life - that you would HOLD ON - breakthrough IS coming!!  Beauty will return..... 


Beauty Restored

One dreadful night, my world shattered
The blow that came left my heart bruised and battered

Crying out to God came bucket of tears
A broken spirit casting down fears

Learning to trust in God alone
Trusting Him for peace in my home

It wasn't easy and didn't happen overnight
I had to press through and put up a fight

I fought for life and for those that I love
Reaching out to the One above

Healing came and joy returned
Beauty restored where ashes burned

Don't give up, my precious friend
You will dance on your feet again.

This post was shared here and  here 




No comments:

Post a Comment