Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Integrity


Doing What is Right When It's Tough

in·teg·ri·ty

noun\in-ˈte-grə-tē\
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole


"Integrity" - this word has been burning in my heart for the past few weeks.     

What exactly is integrity?  Do people truly value it anymore?  Am I willing to sacrifice MY integrity for some "thing" or some "one"?  These are all the questions that have been drilling through my mind.

Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on VALUES rather than personal gain.  What are my values?  Am I standing up for them?  Am I compromising them?

I've been praying about this certain situation and these have been the questions I've been asking myself and God.  The thing I've learned is that NOTHING (or No Thing) is worth me sacrificing my integrity......Nothing!

This scripture really spoke to my heart as I was doing some digging on integrity, "Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways"  (Proverbs 28:6 ESV)  No matter what - it's best to walk in integrity!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment