Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Homemade Shower Cleaner


Credit


I wanted to share this awesome recipe for shower cleaner again. I had someone ask me for it recently so I thought I would pull it back up and share again.  I still use it and LOVE it.  It is seriously one of the best things I've ever used and costs pennies to make.  My updates are in pink! :0)

Original post:
I have been cleaning a few houses here and there to earn some extra cash and have been in search of something to help clean the glass shower doors.  I have tried numerous products and combinations of chemicals (which probably weren't all very healthy).  When I found this recipe on Pinterest - I was leery but wanted to give it a shot since I had all of the ingredients at home.  

Let me tell you - this is the most AWESOMELY amazing concoction EVER!!!  I highly recommend it but will go ahead and tell you that it works best when the vinegar is still warm and I have found it isn't the kind of thing you can mix up and store -you have to mix what you need and use it right then - but even with that it is still awesome.

Here's the recipe -

Heat up some vinegar (I used a cup of vinegar and nuked it for 2 minutes). Then pour it in your spray bottle, add an equal amount of blue Dawn (the website comments were pretty specific about getting the blue kind Update:  use the non-concentrated kind), shake gently, and voila! Spray on your shower door, shower & bath tub and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, wipe with a clean, dry rag then rinse with water.  Once dried, I like to finish up with Windex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment