Thursday, January 2, 2014

Heavenly Moist Chocolate Chip Cookies (with applesauce)


I whipped up some Chocolate Chip Cookies for a New Years Eve party that we went to and they received RAVED reviews by those young and even younger.  I was pleasantly surprised because I had to do some improvising while I was whipping them up.  I ended up not having enough butter [isn't it AMAZING how much butter cookies take?]  I used the basic recipe here while substituting some of the butter with applesauce.  (see Recipe below)  I also took a risk and used my brand new NINJA to help with the cookie dough - all around these cookies are heavenly......to make, to bake, and to E-A-T!

Enjoy!! 

Heavenly Chocolate Chip Cookies  

  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 pkg chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Stir baking soda, flour and salt; set aside.
  2. Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix, beating until fluffy.
  3. Add vanilla and egg; beat until smooth.
  4. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  6. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.

Printable Recipe




    No comments:

    Post a Comment