Friday, October 31, 2014

Fighting Against Discouragement

No Comparison

Today marks day 5 of our 24 day Challenge which means we are HALF way through our 10 day cleanse!  It's going great, by the way... I was a little nervous because I have never done a cleanse before and I have a sensitive stomach so I wasn't sure what to expect but it has been totally doable!

So, since we are half way through the cleanse, we wanted to check in on our results - so yesterday we stepped on the scales.  I lost 2 lbs and 1" in my waist which made me VERY excited; until John stepped on the scale....he is down 7lbs.  Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy for him and I celebrate his losses with a grateful heart BUT I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a ton of discouragement at that point.

I started the comparison game.  

That was until I was reminded that this is NOT a competition between he and I but a competition with myself to be better than who I was!  Then, I was thought of this scripture:

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Here are my new thoughts - things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy- 

  • Men and women burn fat at different rates and I feel GOOD, it doesn't matter what the scales say.  
  • I have stuck with this wellness plan, and unlike a "diet", it is a lifestyle change.  In the past when I have tried to eat better and workout, I have failed miserably or I have cheated....these past five days - I have not cheated ONCE - that is HUGE for me.  
  • My husband is ROCKING this 24 day challenge and I really want to celebrate that with him. 
  • The time we are spending together working out - is the most precious time.  We have been getting up early and truly having one on one time together.  It's been like a date night every morning.
Discouragement can creep up on any one of us  - not just in fitness and weight loss, but in other areas of life.  So, just remember to think on those things that are TRUE, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy!!

We've shared this post with:

Link
  And at Christian Mommy Blogger




No comments:

Post a Comment