Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Standing on the Rock


storms, overwhelmed, hurricane

I'm not a huge fan of storms.  Ever since Hurricane Hugo, when the wind starts blowing hard or the rains come in with force, I get a little nervous.  I've also noticed that I can get a little nervous when the storms of life start to rush in.....does that ever happen to you??

This morning as I was praying about a certain situation, and I started having this feeling that everything was crumbling around me.  I cried out to the Lord with desperation because I felt like a hurricane was coming. 

God reminded me that I have a foundation built on Him and that even when the storms come (cause they will come) I just have to hang on to Him and stand on the foundation of Jesus. 

Then he brought to my remembrance this portion of scripture in Matthew:

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

What peace this brought me!  I felt like a storm was coming but I have peace in knowing that I have built my rock on Jesus and that the rains can come, the streams can rise, the winds can blow BUT I will not fall - Jesus is my rock and my foundation. 

Praise Jesus!!  I am ever so thankful for His peace and protection! 

Remember, friend, when the storms of life come your way - STAND firm on the rock of Jesus - He will see you through!!  

And if seeing it once in the Bible doesn't convince you - here it is again in Luke:

47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

  

No comments:

Post a Comment