Wednesday, August 21, 2013

2 Things This Super Frugal Mom Will Pay Full Price For




Sometimes as a mom, I feel like I am SuperWoman....see, I even have a cape ;)  Being frugal, though, there aren't many things that I will pay full price for BUT there are 2 things that I will not budge on.

1.  A Good Hair Cut.  Simply put - you get what you pay for.  I will color my hair from a box ALL the way but will not cut out my bi-monthly hair cuts.  Not only does it make me LOOK better but it helps me to feel better; and not much can make a girl feel worse than a terrible hair cut.  I have opted for a $10 hair cut in the past but again - you get what you pay for.  I love my stylist and would opt for NO cable before I cut her out of my budget.

2.  A Good Daily Vitamin.  One can't wear the Super Frugal Mom cape without some hidden super powers, right?  Mine comes in the form of a vitamin pill by Rainbow Light.  I have tried numerous multivitamins over my years, but haven't really found one that worked right with my body until I found the Rainbow Light Women's One Multivitamin.  It gives me just enough energy without causing my heart to jump out of my chest and helps to regulate my stomach (and those of you that KNOW me - know my stomach is super fragile). I love these vitamins and it is a struggle to get through my day without them.

These are my 2 items I won't budge on - what's yours??


Shared this post with:
 Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

  1. Cool - thanks for the vitamin recommendation. I just started a new program called Isagenix that is supposed to change my life - LOL - (we'll see...) So I am not in the market for a vitamin right now but John said he needed a multivitamin. He struggles a lot with low-energy, so I ordered some for him! He also said he needed glucosomine chondroitin (sp?) so I ordered the Rainbow version. Also ordered the kids vitamin! Maybe we'll ALL feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me know if your life changes from that program - seriously! I hope they work as well for John as they did me. I have the kids version on my 'wish list' but my kids are SO super picky when it comes to vitamins, I wish there was a sample option. lol Hope they work for you guys. I saw a drastic improvement in how I felt once I started taking them.

      Delete
  2. I agree on the hair cut...I don't take vitamins as much as I should except Biotin but a good hair cut is definitely worth the price (color too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I splurged for color not too long ago when I was going from blonde back to my natural brown ~ it was so nice. Thankfully now that I'm back natural as long as I can keep the gray away, I won't have to worry with the color ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so with you on #1- forking out the money at a good salon is so worth it! Nothing is worse than driving home with tears in your eyes because you cheaped out at a crappy place and had your hair style suffer for it.
    I need to get better about #2- I never remember to take my vitamins and on the rare occasions that I do, I just grab a couple of the kids' flintstones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EOS shave gel and a good massage.

    ReplyDelete