Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Working Mom's Cleaning Schedule




I love lists.  It is probably my personality but I get great satisfaction when I can check off an item on a list ~ at work, at home and even in my personal calendar....I have lists for EVERYthing!

I also love to simplify.  For the longest time, I have scanned over Pinterest for an idea of how to simplify my cleaning duties at home.  I found list after list of daily duties but just couldn't seem to fit them into my schedule.  I tried scheduling a certain chore on a certain day but it didn't work for me.

Working part time and having 2 kids in sports, my days/evenings/weekends can be sort of hectic.  Honestly, I don't want to spend 98% of my free time cleaning so I decided I needed to come up with a plan.  Here's what I did....

I picked the items that I know I have to do daily..... dishes, laundry, dinner


Then I thought about the items that need to be done on a regular basis.  I gave myself 2 weeks to complete these items.  Some days I have more time than others, so I might be able to squeeze in 2 chores that day to make up for the days that I miss for sports or other activities.  I also included 2 "swing" items....



which are larger chores I can knock out over the span of a month or so.

This system has worked really well for our family.  What works best for your family??

Post shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment