Friday, August 23, 2013

Walking Through the Storms

Photo Credit
A few of my very close friends are walking through some storms in their lives so in honor of them, I am sharing this 'old' post I wrote back around Easter of this year.  My God's peace surround you as you walk through the darkness of this storm ~ God's light will lead you through!!

Over the years, many of us have read the Bible or heard stories from the Bible and I find many of them inspiring.  But the thing is, when we read the story, we know the ending .....if it is a knew story - we may not know the ending when the chapter starts but we quickly find out how the story ends several lines down.  So many times, stories of the Bible become just that - stories.  But do you realize that these were REAL people having REAL experiences and REAL emotions?!?

Think about it - Noah built an ark ~ we know the world ended up being flooded - but Noah didn't while he was working daily on a boat God told him to build when no one had eve seen rain.

Moses's mom didn't know when she left him in that basket by the river that she would eventually be reunited with him in the near future and become his caregiver.

And speaking of Moses - he didn't know the sea would literally split in half when he was stuck between a huge body of water and a raging army of men.

We all walk through storms in our lives, God never said it was going to be easy.  I guess what God is showing me is that through the storms, we have to TRUST Him ~ He knows the ending and will lead us through. 

I encourage you to re-read those well known Bible stories and pay close attention to the 'storm walker's' reactions ~ did they cry, yell, wallow in their sorrows or did they stand strong in faith and proclaim the Word of God?  Did they stand in faith that although they didn't understand, they chose to trust God with the outcome? 

My prayer is that I learn by their examples when I walk through the storms of life....

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’"
Isaiah 41:10

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Great post!! I readily admit I have cried and sweated alot... but the going through has taught me more and more.. that I can trust. He always has our backs when our hearts are turned to him ( even if our minds are in the circumstance).. Yes, we can experience both at the same time. THANK YOU Lord for looking on our heart and knowing our fleeting thoughts and emotions in the moment, are just that.. momentary. But HIs promises are YES and AMEN... and we just have to go through and hold on! Some more than others :+) This was good to read!! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have an insightful perspective and know just how to articulate it in ways that impact me. God really uses you to speak to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stephanie - it is when we go through the "fire" when we are molded and shaped into who HE needs us to be. I think what matters most is what is in our hearts and that we strive to be more like Jesus every day....being that He is MOST perfect - it will be a continual journey for us all.

    @Angie - thanks for your kind words. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete