Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Child Like Faith


On my way to work this morning, I noticed the sun shining through the clouds and it brought a smile to my face as I thought back to when "The Boy" was just a toddler.  Any time we were driving down the road and he'd see the rays of sun shining through the clouds, he'd say, "Look, mommy, it's God's power.".

Even typing this causes me to smile because I can hear his sweet little voice so full of faith that God's power was shining down on us that day.

Then, there was the time, again we were riding down the road and he said, "MOM, look!  It's Jesus!"  He kept insisting that he saw Jesus' face in our window that day.  He believed it without a shadow of a doubt - it didn't make sense that Jesus' face would be on our window but he still believed (and so did I).

Those are sweet memories of my son and his faith as a toddler but more than just memories that warm my heart, they are an inspiration to me today as I think back to those moments.  

It inspires me to remember that even though I don't always understand, I can still choose to believe that I can see the face of Jesus ~ even on my car window.  And that no matter what is going on around me, even when the clouds are surrounding - that God's power DOES shine down on my every day!  

If only we could all have child like faith!

"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”  Luke 18:17






No comments:

Post a Comment