Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lunchbox Freezer Cooking


One of the easiest ways to prepare lunch for the kiddies is by doing all the work BEFORE the wee hours of the morning.  I've been preparing large batches of their favorite meal (recipe here), then divvying it up into smaller portions and freezing it.

When morning comes and the sun is rising, I just pop the container of yummy goodness in the microwave to heat, throw it in their Thermos (which I have found there IS no substitute for the real Thermos brand thermos) and off they go to school with a hot, yummy lunch they will actually eat.  

I have also used this method with Crock Pot Mac & Cheese and hope to try it with several other recipes as well.

What do you do to make your mornings and lunch preparation run smoothly?? 

This post was shared with: 

works for me wednesday at we are that family

No comments:

Post a Comment