Monday, September 30, 2013

Stepping Outside Your Box in Faith

Stepping Out in Faith


I'm thankful for what I've learned while 'outside of my box' over the years and wanted to share a few examples of what God has shown me 'outside of my box' with you...

1.  When you step outside of your box, God is ALWAYS there to meet you.  I think so many times we stay in our boxes out of fear.  Fear of this and that and everything in between but also fear that God may not be there but I'm here to tell you He is ALWAYS there.  Yes, He is there with you inside that box BUT He is there in an indescribable more powerful way outside of your box  Think about Peter when he stepped out of the boat - Hello, he WALKED on water with Jesus!!  {Matthew 14:22-33}

2.  It doesn't matter what people think.  This goes back to the fear issue of staying in your box...caring what people think.  If God is nudging you out of that box, then by all means ~ break free!  He has something better waiting for you outside the box than He ever did inside of it.

3.  Don't go back IN the box.  This is a personal struggle of mine.  Several times I have broken free from my box and had AWESOMELY AMAZING experiences with the Lord but then when things calm down...I head right back in the box.  How awesome would it be for me (or you) to be able to stay out of the box every day?

That is my goal....to try to stay out of my box.  To sometimes be uncomfortable but to be pressing on to the things that God has for me and to submit each of my days to Him.

What about you?  Have you stepped outside your box lately??

No comments:

Post a Comment